- Individualized: Davis programs are always given in a one-on-one context, with a highly-trained licensed Davis facilitator working directly with the person receiving the program.
- Strength-Based: Davis programs are geared to the inherent learning strengths and abilities of the learner, and provided in a way compatible with the person’s preferred learning style.
- Short-Term: The facilitated portion of Davis programs are designed to be completed within a short time, typically over a period of 5-10 days scheduled closely together, with daily sessions of up to 6 hours per day.
- Mental Skills Training: All programs include instruction in basic Davis tools for mental and perceptual focus, stress reduction, and self-regulation of energy levels.
- Creative Learning Strategies: Each Davis program also includes a set of specific learning techniques targeted to the areas of difficulty addressed within each program.
- Meaning Based: Davis programs rest on mastery of the meanings of words and important life concepts.
- Self-Empowering: Davis programs are given to individuals who are willing and self-motivated, and will be able to continue to use the tools and skills learned in the program in their daily lives.
- Clay: Every Davis program uses a non-hardening, plasticine clay as the primary media for exploration and learning. Clay is tactile, 3-dimensional, readily available, and requires the creative participation of the learner.
- Koosh Balls: We use simple, playful exercises to with tossed Koosh Balls to reinforce Davis mental skills, improve balance and coordination, and strengthen neural connections between brain hemispheres.
- Dictionary: For reading and mathematics, we use dictionaries as a primary starting point reference for word meaning.
- All Davis Facilitators are fully qualified to offer Programs for Dyslexia, Reading, Attention Focus, and Mathematics
- For More Detailed Information about Davis Methods, visit www.dyslexia.com